Fairy Tail Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 61 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailunlimited.rpg-board.net/u182!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inA Gift from Balsam[Open] HnLiSy9

A Gift from Balsam[Open]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Knux Shi
Admin
Admin
Knux Shi

A Gift from Balsam[Open] Empty
PostSubject: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Normally every year around the winter time the Shi family donates money and items to a shelter in Magnollia, this is usually just hire guards from the Council or mages from both Cities. This year however Knux took it upon himself to guard the shipment with a handful of the usually guards. He had heard from his family's estate that his brother had seemed to attack their mother and killed the entire working staff there. He was sure his brother would be low on money or needing some and this would be an easy hit. To ensure that this was not going to happen the Lightning Devil slayer himself requested to do this for his family. He was sure his mother was going to be fine, it was unlikely that she would die or his brother would return to finish the job. It was a troubling thought though, the picture of it drove him angry, even caused his magic to show it's nature sometimes. He hoped His brother would show and if he did he would make him pay.

For the most part the travel from Balsam to Magnolila went pleasantly well. they had made good time with Knux being able to take the wheel while other's slept. They only had to stop and camp a few times and it was mostly to cook and eat, stretch the legs and joking around. There was not much longer to the shelter but he kept his eyes opened.
Back to top Go down
Hakai

Hakai

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Where was Nazaki going? Well he was simply going to the place he had always gone with his family in the previous years to donate to a shelter, instead this time he was alone. Despite the despicable crimes committed by the brown skinned mage, he wasn't here to kill. Just last night he had remembered his real name; Sado, which concluded the memories he had once lost deep within his amnesia influnced mind. Nazaki remembered his brother and although he recalled hating him, those feelings barely eexiste now. It was safe to say that the past was put behind him, he no longer cared that he had a family nor did he care about the lives taken. The wind blew as his red cloak flapped wildly. His short hair barely moved and he happily inhaled the slightly polluted air. Up ahead he could see the shelter and immediately began reminiscing. It was weird though, in his memories he looked only a little bit different, like that wasn't him at all. The blessing known as the Coprus Novam potion made it easier for him to not care. The plans Hakai had required a clean record, and the magical potion granted that. Besides, it's been years since he's come out of the shadows, only those closest to him would recognize who he was.

A smirk appeared on his face. Who was that oddly familiar man looking right in his direction? Was that...
Back to top Go down
Kazuki Kobayashi

Kazuki Kobayashi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 11:31 am

Kazuki wasn't exactly adverse in the politics of Magnolia. Well, at least on the outside. He played the flirtatious scatter brained Guild Master of Fairy Tail rather well. Underneath that exterior, though, he had an intricate understanding of how human society worked in terms of political battles and ulterior motives to advance ones social status. It wasn't exactly different in any town, or Magnolia in particular. Kazuki had learned very early that the majority of people, especially those of well-to-do families or in a political career, rarely did anything for pure benefit of someone other than themselves. Due to his upbringing by a noble Dragon, this boggled him. Why do good if it was only going to benefit you in some way?

And so it was this exact curiosity that caused the Dragon Slayer to be present at the shelter was he watched a caravan approach loaded to bare with items for the homeless that wandered the poorer part of the city. Magnolia didn't really have too big of a homeless problem, being the country town it was. Those who needed work for whatever reason could often find it working in the fields for either small pay or the very least a hot meal and a warm bed. Those that chose to be homeless were usually those adverse to manual labor, and those that didn't choose to be usually couldn't do the manual labor to begin with.

Kazuki himself spent a fair bit of time at the orphanage, though it was his eye for talent that did that. He would always check up to see if any of the children that came there, for whatever reason, would make good wizards one day. If they did he would consider finding them a master within the guild, a childless man or woman who would adopt and train them. It was a good system, if not a bit flawed.

He as clad as he usually was in the winter, orange vest and long sleeves dress shirt. His hands, usually in gloves, were bare today and arms folded across his chest. As his blue-green eyes surveyed the area he continued to lean against the outside wall of the shelter. He wore the usual half smirk he always did, looking as if he didn't take any of this situation serious at all.
Back to top Go down
Knux Shi
Admin
Admin
Knux Shi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 7:49 am

As the carriage  closed in to the shelter  the horse began to slow down, their trots being heard on the roads. It was rather soothing to hear after a few days travel, they hard arrived safely it seemed there was no trouble this time around. He was glad but sadden at the same time. His anger boiled inside him at the thought, he even clenched the reins tighter. It would have to be set aside he knew that, this anger couldn't be allowed out until he had the proper chance. Just how long could he hold it in?  Perhaps he'd never find out, but he did need to see where he could drop off the clothes and the money.  Getting off the cart he walked into the shelter looking around for someone who didn't look homeless. A well dressed male with hair as blond as the sun rays standing near the back. Approaching him he called out Excuse me sir, do you happen to know where I may bring in more clothes and the yearly donation from the Shi family from Balsam? , he asked hoping the male could help him out if not he'd probably have to hunt down someone else.

Though the longer he spent in the shelter, the longer he was away from the Cargo and the higher the chances of someone trying to steal it. Knux hated thieves and would probably nearly kill one who would even steal form those who had nothing but what they wore. He understood the struggles of illness and becoming too old to keep a job. There were various reasons why someone might become homeless, but to steal from homeless was the greatest sin he could see. Well right under attempt of murder on ones parents, he had to push the thought back to the edge of his mind trying to remain calm and friendly in the shelter with a smile worn widely on his face.
Back to top Go down
Lilly Rose Hazel-Rin

Lilly Rose Hazel-Rin

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 8:33 am

Lilly Rose Hazel-Rin, young fifteen year old girl trundled along behind through the alley still a bit hesitant with all the strangers about, her grandma’s death and kill forever weighing upon her heart. Her head was downcast with a gloomy gaze that would make rabbits depressing. The red hood was slipped up about her head now as she sighed looking down as she had finally stumbled across an orphanage that had once thought that she was a stray in search of a home. She insisted though that they leave her the heck alone otherwise she would tear them limb from limb. A threat that wasn’t just that but more a warning of what she was capable of. Strolling through the city she began to sigh, Magnolia was so bland as was everything when all you could see was black and white. They say that a person’s mood is affected on how try see life and when everything is colorless it is hard to find the joy in living.

She continued to walk about in a haze keeping an eye on her feet and the next meter before her so she wouldn’t have to communicate with others apologizing. Even if she was to have an accident of that variety she probably wouldn’t even think twice as she doesn’t care about others opinions. It’s been three months since that last bit of evidence that the monster was strolling through the woods of Magnolia and still I haven’t caught a glimpse of the beast. She cursed her inability to locate the monster that partially devoured her dear beloved granny. She was out for more than revenge she was out for blood. As she meandered down the streets though she stopped and noticed a partially familiar face that often was sitting about Fairytail. Why was her guild master out and about and walking toward that orphanage, she blinked and began to no follow him as she only had a few ideas why. One having been that she had been recruited when exiting that prison house.

As she continued forward and now attempting to not pester him while also being inconspicuous as she didn’t much like conversing with people even in her own guild. Although she knew that he was quite talented with noticing people like herself.
Back to top Go down
Hakai

Hakai

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Nazaki stopped, and he stood as he watched the red headed male walk into the shelter. Immediately he chuckled to himself. It was just as he suspected. "Brother.". Now being sure who he had just seen, Hakai became excited. Without wasting any more time he walked forward until he approached the door of the shelter and once doing so he entered without a struggle. It seemed that the gods needed a bit of entertainment, it was the only reason why they would have two brothers who undoubtly hate each other meet. Though their reasons were entirely different, the Stygian emotions for one another can not be denied. Nazaki halted whilst watching the scarlet haired man walk deeper into the shelter, asking the man where he could bring in more donations from the Shi family, and then it happened. "Heh, the Shi family eh?" The bronze toned mage spoke aloud, his voice hardly different from when he was a child despite it being deeper. I remember you now...brother. It was all coming back, slowly...
Back to top Go down
Kazuki Kobayashi

Kazuki Kobayashi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 11:59 am

Kazuki stood off the wall as he was approached by one of the caravan riders, a red haired man who seemed regal enough. Though he spoke with an ownership of the property as if he was the one donating, and that would explain a lot. The young man's face held his usual sarcastic smirk, even as he spoke.

"Don't look at me, I don't work here. Curiosity got the best of me is all, what with the parade into town and everything. We're simple people, so even the slightest bit of traffic is down right exciting." The sarcasm throughout his speech was likely apparent, though it wasn't meant in a biting manner--it was just how he was.

A familiar scent invaded his senses and he took note of it, a fellow guild member present. His own guild mark was hidden beneath the long sleeves of his shirt, only exposed when he rolled them up which he usually did when in a fight or just doing work in general. His arms, which had unfolded when he stood off the wall, moved to his pockets as he spoke to the regal man who addressed him. "Do you need some help offloading it, or did you bring hired help?"

Kazuki noted the next man walking up, the bronze skin and white hair, he cocked his head back towards Knux as he spoke. "This must be the help."
Back to top Go down
Knux Shi
Admin
Admin
Knux Shi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Hearing the reply from the man it was clear he wasn't a volunteer, which begged the question just what was he doing here? He didn't seem like a man with noble back ground though he suppose he had their own style from town to town. "Oh sorry for the confusion haha." Though as the words had seem to end from Knux a voice was heard from behind him, the voice was familiar,and the tone of it, was it truly? Turning around he saw the tanned skin male pushing through the door way. It was indeed his brother, Nazaki... Rage began to over come the Demon slayer, as it did white lightning began to arc off his body. "You bastard! I'm going to kill you!" Knux broke out in a dash in the small room until he reached 5 meters from Nazaki. "Before I kick your ass. just why did you kill those people? They helped raised us! I don't even want to hear your excuse for what you did to mother!" By this time white lighting was arcing off the Sabertooth Mage so much arcane burns began to apply to the floor under his feet.

The crowd in the shelter was at a dead silence, no one even moved. Such a violent display of magic was sure to do that, but all civil thoughts had fled his mind. The only thing he wanted to do was ensure his brother's death.
Back to top Go down
Lilly Rose Hazel-Rin

Lilly Rose Hazel-Rin

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Lilly kept following in suit behind the blond haired male, rather confused as she heard shouting now booming form within the orphanage. She recalled some discomfort while in that building before but none that resembled or would escalate to that level of anger which she heard. As she got to the door she feel her hair sticking up a bit on end as she felt the electricity coursing through the building now. It was obvious, the person causing this could be the one she was searching for but he did seem to be quite strong and even made her own body tremble a bit as she peeked through the door to now look at the display that was taking place inside the orphanage. Peeking through she could hear most of what the one said since he was yelling so loudly, I thought I had family problems I am lucky that I don't have any siblings to get pissed at. Shrugging she then moved to a window which she could now peek through enjoying this display of violence it was partially comforting to the girl as she wasn't particularly normal in any sense of the word. Her thought about her guild master having entered into the building completely left her memory as she watched like a child at the window of a candy shop licking her lips as she hoped that this really would be an exceptional display.

That is the level of ferocity I wish to be able to mimic when I find granny's killer. She now looked about trying to find a way to get comfortable while also keeping a safe distance from the fight.
Back to top Go down
Hakai

Hakai

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Nazaki's smile must have angered his brother...or it could have just been his presence, nonetheless this was amusing. The pure anger in his eyes was truly something to be frightened of, but Hakai kept his cool. Honestly, Knux was truly talented, being able to decipher who he was just by a glance of his face showed the connection they once had. Knux dashed forward at intense speeds and stopped only 5 meters away from him. Despite being startled, Nazaki didn't move. "This power. I would love to fight such amazing power! You always were the family favorite.." Knux then stood firmly and began yelling at his younger brother, asking why he did what he did to the people who raised the two. He said that he had no passion to hear why he hurt their mother. Immediately Hakai's face reverted back to normal, a nonchalant expression was the only thing visible upon his face. "I do not remember why I did it, nor do I really care but I'm sure it was for a good reason. You people should have stayed out of way." The power radiating from Knux was immeasurable, but he was not scared of his brother. Hakai began to slowly walk forward, no weapon in hand and no tricks. All he really did was ignite his magical energy which happened to take a black color with occaisional sparks of purple, blue, and red- similar to the appearance of outer space. His own power wasn't nearly as intense as his brothers but it did show his large amount of potential.  

"I'm just upset...that I failed to kill mother."
Back to top Go down
Kazuki Kobayashi

Kazuki Kobayashi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:38 pm

"No need to apologize. People often tell me I don't dress to impress." This was his response to Knux's apology about the confusion. It was true, too. Guildmaster of a guild, and he still dressed as the day he had joined: casual. It was simply his way, after all. Or perhaps, it was the modest up bringing he had at the hands of a Dragon. Either way, he enjoyed it. Too many frills and you lost who you truly were.

The light mood didn't last, though, as the new man wasn't hired help at all. From what Kazuki could piece together, the man that spoke to him about donations, accused the new bronze skin white haired man of killing people. Their parents, it would seem? Kazuki wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but he did know one thing: both men were radiating magic in a facility that was supposed to house the destitute. Kazuki's usual grin remained, though, and his hands remained sheathed in his pockets. As the white electricity scarred the floor, and that dark magic poured from the lightning mage's adversary, Kazuki merely walked towards the two, though carefully positioned himself (trajectory wise) near the window that Lilly was looking through. He had not made any indication he seen her, though he had caught her scent and his senses were far above that of a normal human. If this came to blows his first priority was to protect his charges within the guild, second, the people of Magnolia.

"I suggest you take this outside. Places like these weren't built to let two people duke it out." He tilted his head towards the onlookers. "It was built to protect them."
Back to top Go down
Knux Shi
Admin
Admin
Knux Shi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:42 am

The white lightning began to surge at a greater rate around his body. His mind focused on his brother's word ever so clearly, awaiting his explanation. That fact he said he didn't remember had struck a nerve with Knux, how could you not remember killing so many. An entire staff, and you can't recall? Knux's posture changed he pressed his back foot harder on the ground ready to push off the floor and lunge into his brother.  However he paused his thoughts of striking him for a moment as the gentlemen he spoke to seemed to have moved. Was he with Nazaki? He seemed to be just a spectator liker everyone else, however his word were true enough. Though the last comment that fled Nazak's mouth sent Knux into over load. His only regret was he didn't get to kill their mother... An explosion of magical power came from Knux as he stood straight up. In a single moment he vanished to no mages. Those who could follow high speed movements would see Knux turning into a bolt of lightning that rocketed to nazaki, Be impact the bolt changed back into Knux were he would open palm thrust with the full power of his body weight and the speed he was traveling attemptong to send him out the door way and into the cart outside.

Though there was likely damages to the inside of the building and the cart outside Knux didn't care his family was of Noble ties he would upgrade this place if it was damaged.  Knux didn't care about that now though, blood was on his mind and it was his brother's blood. Making his way to the door way Knux's hands began to swell with lightning preparing to unleash an invasion upon his brother's body  with magic meant to slay Devils and Demons. Surely his brother Fit into that category no?

Wait for me in Hell Brother for I will meet you there and punish you for eternity for these sins."
Back to top Go down
Lilly Rose Hazel-Rin

Lilly Rose Hazel-Rin

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Lilly continued to eye them rather shocked that she was able to witness such power, frankly she was jealous that she wasn't able to reveal half as much. She honestly wasn't certain how she could assist people in a fight, beside the fact that her physical attacks were strong and her senses were slightly heightened to that of a normal person. Watching the more angered brother she began to contemplate how much of the building would be forfeit. All the while though she kept scanning her eyes back over toward her guild master who was obviously trying to keep the peace in his hometown as it wasn't the best of ideas to let a structure with civilians get destroyed while he was on the scene. At that mention she watched as the leader began to step in front of her window blocking the view, noooo come on man? She pouted primarily to herself as she had an even worse view of the actions now then she did before.

She didn't need to see it though when she heard the few bits of the conversation that the more sinister one was mentioning he regretted not being the cause of his mothers own death. Lilly listened to this, she shared the hatred the lightning user now felt, she to wanted revenge not for a parent but a grandparent and she would find her killer. She blinked a bit in shock as at least one seemed to be flying out the door at incredible speeds she fell back onto her rear a bit startled as she now sat there with a blank expression.
Back to top Go down
Knux Shi
Admin
Admin
Knux Shi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:40 am

[OOC Hakai will no longer be posting, that being said. His body was sent into the cart, he is Ko'd And Knux is following him outside. We can end the thread or keep going just comment with an OOC note and let me know.]
Back to top Go down
Kazuki Kobayashi

Kazuki Kobayashi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 11:23 am

Kazuki watched as the Lightning Wizard displayed his power, casually knocking the other 'fighter' into the cart, and out of what could have potentially been a fight. Feeling no need to get involved any further, the Guildmaster casually snaked his hands into his pockets. This was a happy end to a possible conflict. With a casual glance to the, clearly, more powerful wizard, Kazuki shrugged and gave a wry grin. "As my father would say, seems he bit off more than he could chew."

"Let's hope his corpse doesn't spoil the goods you brought, eh? Now, if I may be excused, I have to go slack off from my duties elsewhere. That conflict will being the guards, and the last thing I want is them harassing me to get people to go to work." And with that, the Fire Dragon Slayer exited the homeless shelter.

-[Exit]-
Back to top Go down
Knux Shi
Admin
Admin
Knux Shi

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:31 am

The Sabertooth mages looked over at the Fire Dragon Slayer as he spoke. His eyes still filled with rage, though his words held truth. At this point his brother was but a weak little child still... He wanted him to pay for what he had done, though knowing the type of people his family were his brother would be stronger sooner or later. When the real battle came Knux would be ready and surely he would bring down the full force of a Lightning Demon upon him. Nodding to the male he watched as he walked out.

"He's not dead but he won't be moving for a while. Gentlemen please bring the things in. " Turning to the desk he walked over to it and the man behind it and bowed. "Please forgive the Shi family, our personal conflict managed to happen in your place of business. Please take this as a formal apology and this sack of coin." Placing the money he was goiung to already donate on the counter he stood up with a smile. The white lightning had all but faded from his body by this time. Running a hand through his hair he proceeded to walk outside the door and back up the cart. He was heading to the forest after this little show to cool his head.

-EXIT-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from Balsam[Open]   A Gift from Balsam[Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Gift from Balsam[Open]
Page 1 of 1