Fairy Tail Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 61 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailunlimited.rpg-board.net/u182!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHolder Magic Question HnLiSy9

Holder Magic Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lojik

Lojik

Holder Magic Question Empty
PostSubject: Holder Magic Question   Holder Magic Question EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:51 am

I see that ReQuip Mages don't need to put Weapons Training in their positive/negative trait balance, and I understand it, since their magic is based on weapons, but wouldn't that also be a thing for those with a weapon as their holder item? I don't want to have to pay the price with more negative traits just because my magic revolves around a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Hakai

Hakai

PostSubject: Re: Holder Magic Question   Holder Magic Question EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 5:31 am

I would assume you need the trait because you have a magical weapon, whreas RQ masge get their weapons from magic. Holder items can be anything, so if you choose to make it a weapon then its only logical that you get the trait. It makes sense that you would need the trait since holder weapons cannot break, though I'll need to speak more on it with other staff members.
Back to top Go down
Lady
Admin
Admin
Lady

PostSubject: Re: Holder Magic Question   Holder Magic Question EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:22 am

Okay dear ^^ So i thought about this and came to terms with how it works, RQ get that free trait because they are ALL about weapons. And yes that does make sense.
But the thing is, Holder Magic can be ANYTHING, not just weapons. So we won't give a trait away for free just because you choose to use weapons.

The reason why, is Holder magic using weapons, has a few 1 up's against RQ.

- Like you don't have to pay for your holder item.
- Scales with User Rank.
- Also the fact that it can't be destroyed.

Another thing is, your magic come's from the weapon. You don't have to excel in using the weapon at all, like RQ does which is all about combat with weapons and armor and no other magic.
So, don't look at it like you're being robbed. Plus if your Human you get an free Trait as it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holder Magic Question   Holder Magic Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Holder Magic Question
Page 1 of 1